"The master in the ART of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion" -- James Michener

Thursday, January 13, 2011

ITS MANGO SEASON!

So I am finally back in Cape Town and through the dark throws of jetlag. After almost a month back at home in the good ol’ USofA I, admittedly, had a hard time adjusting this week. Apparently, it is really tough to get used to copious amounts of sunshine, warmth and the general wonderfulness that is the Capetonian
summer. I have big plans this weekend to catch back up on my tan, read a good book and really get some good sleep in.


On my first grocery trip back I was SO tired that all I could bring myself to buy was oatmeal, yoghurt and MANGOES, which are the most heavenly fruit when they are the real deal. Granted we have to trade Avocado season for mango season but in my eyes it is a timely switch. My roommate witnessed me have my first go at eating a whole mango. I started out with complete civility pealing the skin with a knife then systematically cutting the flesh off around the pit. Yet, the trouble is, after the knife cant go any further, there is still so much mango left. SO I did as I saw my African babies do in Malawi, which was bite right into the pit and scrape the extra meat off. I ended up with juice up to my elbows, all over my face and running down my legs. Quite the scene. Good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment